- To provide support, mentoring and opportunities needed for researchers in postdoctoral or early career and senior academics to develop their careers effectively.
- To create database for Research centers, Research groups, Centre of Excellence and grants awarded to Faculty members within the University.
- To facilitate Research collaborations and Linkages.
- To source for research grants and facilitate financial accountability in the administration of grants and research-related contracts.
- To organize seminars, conferences, workshops, research fair and exhibition.
To facilitate and enhance partnerships and collaborations between researchers within the University and government, industries, NGOs and other Tertiary Institutions within and outside the country
Innovation and Discovery
To facilitate Patenting and commercialization of research innovation and inventions.
To organize innovative competition among students in the University.
Development and construction of prototypes and sponsoring of outstanding ideas as adjudged by the Directorate.